Friday, November 21, 2014

The Michael Schochenmaier's farm around 1909

I am so happy to post a new picture of the Michael Schochenmaier (1859)'s farm which I got by courtesy from Lorie Schochenmaier (Longmont, Colorado).

For getting to know her, I'd like just notice that Lorie Jan Schochenmaier is daughter of Erwin Schochenmaier (1921-1993) and Betty Gosh (1928-1996), or granddaughter of Jacob Schochenmaier (1890-1971) and Elizabeth Wuest (1893-1988), or, otherwise, great granddaughter of Michael Schochenmaier (1859-1937) and Christina Winkler (1858-1926), or, going deeper, great great granddaughter of Christian Schochenmaier (1833-????) and Margaretha Korb (1836-????).

What are their relationship to me? 

Christian (1833) is my 4th great grand uncle.
Michael (1859) is my 1st cousin 5x removed.
Jacob (1890) is my 2nd cousin 4x removed.
Erwin (1921) is my 3rd cousin 3x removed.
So, Lorie (1957) is my 4th cousin 2x removed.

I had asked if anybody had any older pictures of the farm than the one I posted of Michael and Christina Schochenmaier and their family in front of the house with a large bay picture window before.  The farm picture you're going to see is of the farm around 1909. We know that  because the barn has a silo by it. Michael was the first to build a silo in a large territory. It was built in 1909. There is a man standing by the door of the house,  we assume it is Michael.  That house is the same house the family picture was taken in front of the big bay picture window.  I know it may be hard to see this picture well, so I am hoping we can get a closer picture later.

Here it is:



And one more time:



It might be looking like that if closer:



Thank you very much, Lorie! Such a picture is priceless for our history. We can see how they established their lives after immigrating to the New World.

Have a good weekend, my dear Schochenmaiers.


No comments:

Post a Comment